查看: 17206|回复: 0
 阿宝 发表于: 2015-11-25 08:59:04|显示全部楼层|阅读模式

[探讨研究] YC掌门人Sam Altman:写在30岁的36条人生建议

[复制链接]
源自:创业邦
K9U--fxkwvap1682019.png
  导语:他曾被《商业周刊》评为最优秀的年轻企业家,19岁就创立了位置服务提供商 Loopt,2014年出任YC掌门人
本文摘自:于戴汨(愉悦资本创始合伙人)微信公众号:Thinkingslow缓慢思考

编者语:Sam Altman 在今年4月22日刚过完其30岁生日,他曾被《商业周刊》评为最优秀的年轻企业家,19岁就创立了位置服务提供商 Loopt,2014年出任YC掌门人。如下是他给朋友的36条人生建议:

上周我30岁了。有个朋友让我想想,回顾过去10年,有什么值得传承的人生建议。我有点犹豫,通常这样的清单会很空洞,我把我的回答整理成一个干净的版本:
  1)重视家庭和朋友。有几个知己胜过一百个熟人。不要和老朋友失去联系。偶尔不妨彻夜长谈。多聚会。
  2)人生不是带妆彩排。要分秒必争。生命有限,时光飞逝。做自己开心并且有成就感的事情。很少有人死后还会被记住。不要做那些不开心的事(特别是别人要求你做的事)。不要花时间在不喜欢的人身上。远离消极的人。消极极其有害。想做的事情,不要找借口不做。
  3)如何成功:选择做正确的事情(这至关重要而又经常被忽视)、专注、相信自己(特别是别人告诉你不行的时候)、和能帮助你的人建立联系、学会识别人才,勤奋工作。找到自己想做的事情不容易,开始的想法总是比较粗糙。
  4)关于工作:你不上心的工作很难做出大的成就。如果工作不喜欢,也很难完全开心或有成就感。努力工作(可能有人因此不高兴),但也不要彻底忽视你生活的其他部分。目标成为某个专业领域最好的,即使最后没达到,你也不会太差。搞清楚你的生产效率系统—诸如不要无计划、或不在最佳状态工作。不要害怕职业冒险,特别人生早期。很多人随机的选择职业—认真思考你喜欢什么,哪些领域能够成功,和那些领域的人多交流。
  5)关于钱:钱或许不能带来快乐,但钱能买来自由。这很重要。没钱会有压力。大多数情况下,保证你有足够的钱能交房租,这比有钱能买的起飞机,更能影响你的幸福指数。挣钱通常比花钱很有趣,尽管我从未后悔花钱帮助朋友、获得新体验、节省时间、旅行或其他有有意义的事情。
  6)多和人交谈。多读长内容,少发tweets。少看TV,少花时间在网上。
  7)不要浪费时间。大部分人大部分时候都是在浪费时间,特别在生意上。
  8)不要任人摆布。像PaulGraham有一次对我说:人能变得令人生畏,但很难预测谁。(自信和傲慢有巨大差别,去做前者。)
  9)每天,每年,每10年都要有清晰的目标。
  10)计划固然重要,但机会来了不要错过。有时候有一点不顾后果,也不用担心。努力工作的一个好处就是:机会自然会来。但机会来了,仍然看你能否抓住。
  11)和聪明、有趣并且有雄心的人呆在一起。为他们工作或者雇佣他们(工作最让人满足的一个原因就是能和真正优秀的人形成深度的关系)。花时间和那些在某个领域最棒的人一起,或者和那些有巨大潜力但仍未可知的人一起。和谁在一起花的时间多,你就会成为他们一样的人。
  12)不要让不重要的事情占据注意力。这点怎么强调都不为过,但是大部分人还是做不到。让分散注意力的事情远离你生活。特别在工作上,你要有方法不要让那些狗屎事情堆在你面前,占据你的精力。
  13)不要随便发火。就这一条,就能给你人生带来很多机会。
  14)夏天是最好的时光。
  15)不要杞人忧天。人生的事情并不像看起来那么危险。多部分人太趋于避险,因此大部分的建议都是偏向保守的路径。
  16)问问自己,想要什么。
  17)不做会遗憾的事情,就放手去做。遗憾是最糟糕的。大部分人遗憾没做的事情,远远超过他们实际去做的事情。迟疑不决的时候,只管去做。
  18)多运动,健康饮食,保证睡眠。定期去户外走走。
  19)用你的方式助人为乐。人生很少是让人满意的。对陌生人友善一点。
  20)年轻是美好的,不要辜负。20多岁的时候,不妨采取“给我理财原则,但我不一定做”的态度。多少钱也换不来时光。
  21)经常告诉你父母:你爱他们。多回家陪陪父母。
  22)这一切都会过去。
  23)求知若渴。
  24)经常尝试新鲜事物。这非常重要。尝试新事物让你感觉时光缓慢、增加快乐、保持生活有趣,并且会防止思维僵化。不管在个人生活还是职业生活中,每一年都尝试做一件大的、新的、有风险的事。
  25)还记得少年时,你是多么热烈的爱你的男/女朋友吧?请一如既往。还记得孩子的时候,得到一点小东西是多么兴奋和开心吧?请一如既往。
  26)不要欺负别人,不要断人后路。小心选择战场
  27)学会原谅。
  28)不要追逐地位。没有内涵的地位不能持久。
  29)中庸,莫偏激。物极必反。
  30)存在的焦虑感是生活的一部分。通常这种焦虑感伴随于人生的大事件左右或在主要的事业里程碑之后。这种焦虑感经常影响那些聪明而有雄心的人。我想,有些人努力工作的一个原因就是:避免去花时间思考它。感到焦虑没什么不对。你并不孤独。
  31)心存感激,正面看待问题。不要抱怨,不要嫉妒别人的成功(但是记住:别人会记恨你的成功,学会忽视它。)
  32)做行动的巨人,而不是口头。
  33)时间可以磨平一切。人类擅长这个。
  34)先思而后行。愤怒的时候,思考几分钟。
  35)不要过快对人下判断。你永远不知道完整的故事,以及他们为什么做或不做某事。要有同理心。
  36)一日漫长,十年很短。

英文原文
  I turned30 last week and a friend asked me if I’d figured outany life advice in the past decade worth passing on。I’m somewhat hesitant topublish this because I think these lists usually seem hollow,but here is acleaned up version of my answer:
  1)Never put your family,friends,orsignificant other low on your priority list。Prefer a handful of truly close friends to a hundredacquaintances。Don’t lose touch with old friends。Occasionally stay up until the sun rises talking topeople。Have parties。
  2)Life is not a dress rehearsal—this is probably it。Make it count。Time is extremely limited and goes by fast。Do what makes you happy and fulfilled—few people get remembered hundreds of years after they dieanyway。Don’t dostuff that doesn’t make you happy(this happens mostoften when other people want you to do something)。Don’t spend timetrying to maintain relationships with people you don’tlike,and cut negative people out of your life。Negativity is really bad。Don’t let yourself make excusesfor not doing the things you want to do。
  3)How to succeed:pick the right thing to do(this is critical and usually ignored),focus,believe in yourself(especiallywhen others tell you it’s not going to work),developpersonal connections with people that will help you,learn to identify talentedpeople,and work hard。It’s hard to identify what to work on because original thoughtis hard。
  4)On work:it’sdifficult to do a great job on work you don’t careabout。And it’shard to be totally happy/fulfilled in life if you don’tlike what you do for your work。Workvery hard—a surprising number of people will beoffended that you choose to work hard—but not so hardthat the rest of your life passes you by。Aim to be the best in the world at whatever you doprofessionally。Even ifyou miss,you’ll probably end up in a pretty goodplace。Figure out your own productivitysystem—don’t waste time beingunorganized,working at suboptimal times,etc。Don’t be afraid to take somecareer risks,especially early on。Most people pick their career fairly randomly—really think hard about what you like,what fields are goingto be successful,and try to talk to people in those fields。
  5)On money:Whether or not money can buyhappiness,it can buy freedom,and that’s a big deal。Also,lack of money is very stressful。In almost all ways,having enough money sothat you don’t stress about paying rent does more tochange your wellbeing than having enough money to buy your own jet。Making money is often more fun thanspending it,though I personally have never regretted money I’vespent on friends,new experiences,saving time,travel,and causes I believein。
  6)Talk to people more。Read more long content and less tweets。Watch less TV。Spend less time on the Internet。
  7)Don’t waste time。Most people waste most of their time,especially in business。
  8)Don’t let yourselfget pushed around。As PaulGraham once said to me,“People can become formidable,but it’s hard to predict who”。(There is a big difference betweenconfident and arrogant。Aim forthe former,obviously。)
  9)Have clear goals for yourself every day,every year,and every decade。
  10)However,as valuable as planning is,if agreat opportunity comes along you should take it。Don’t be afraid to do somethingslightly reckless。One ofthe benefits of working hard is that good opportunities will come along,but it’s still up to you to jump on them when they do。
  11)Go out of your way to be around smart,interesting,ambitious people。Workfor them and hire them(in fact,one of the most satisfying parts of work isforging deep relationships with really good people)。Try to spend time with people who areeither among the best in the world at what they do or extremely promising buttotally unknown。Itreally is true that you become an average of the people you spend the most timewith。
  12)Minimize your own cognitive load fromdistracting things that don’t really matter。It’s hard tooverstate how important this is,and how bad most people are at it。Get rid of distractions in your life。Develop very strong ways to avoid lettingcrap you don’t like doing pile up and take your mentalcycles,especially in your work life。
  13)Keep your personal burn rate low。This alone will give you a lot ofopportunities in life。
  14)Summers are the best。
  15)Don’t worry somuch。Things in life are rarely as riskyas they seem。Mostpeople are too risk-averse,and so most advice is biased too much towardsconservative paths。
  16)Ask for what you want。
  17)If you think you’regoing to regret not doing something,you should probably do it。Regret is the worst,and most peopleregret far more things they didn’t do than things theydid do。When in doubt,kiss the boy/girl。
  18)Exercise。Eat well。Sleep。Get outinto nature with some regularity。
  19)Go out of your way to help people。Few things in life are as satisfying。Be nice to strangers。Be nice even when it doesn’t matter。
  20)Youth is a really great thing。Don’t waste it。In fact,in your 20s,I think it’s ok to take a“Give me financialdiscipline,but not just yet”attitude。All the money in the world will never getback time that passed you by。
  21)Tell your parents you love them more often。Go home and visit as often as you can。
  22)This too shall pass。
  23)Learn voraciously。
  24)Do new things often。This seems to be really important。Not only does doing new things seem toslow down the perception of time,increase happiness,and keep lifeinteresting,but it seems to prevent people from calcifying in the ways thatthey think。Aim to do something big,new,andrisky every year in your personal and professional life。
  25)Remember how intensely you loved your boyfriend/girlfriendwhen you were a teenager? Lovehim/her that intensely now。Remember how excited and happy you got about stuff as a kid? Get that excited and happy now。
  26)Don’t screw peopleand don’t burn bridges。Pick your battles carefully。
  27)Forgive people。
  28)Don’t chase status。Status without substance doesn’t work for long and is unfulfilling。
  29)Most things are ok in moderation。Almost nothing is ok in extreme amounts。
  30)Existential angst is part of life。It is particularly noticeable around majorlife events or just after major career milestones。It seems to particularly affect smart,ambitious people。I thinkone of the reasons some people work so hard is so they don’thave to spend too much time thinking about this。Nothing is wrong with you for feeling this way;you arenot alone。
  31)Be grateful and keep problems in perspective。Don’t complain toomuch。Don’t hateother people’s success(but remember that some peoplewill hate your success,and you have to learn to ignore it)。
  32)Be a doer,not a talker。
  33)Given enough time,it is possible to adjustto almost anything,good or bad。Humans are remarkable at this。
  34)Think for a few seconds before you act。Think for a few minutes if you’re angry。
  35)Don’t judge otherpeople too quickly。Younever know their whole story and why they did or didn’tdo something。Beempathetic。
  36)The days are long but the decades areshort。
『 5熊猫网 』提醒,在使用本论坛之前您必须仔细阅读并同意下列条款:
  1. 遵守《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》及中华人民共和国其他各项有关法律法规,并遵守您在会员注册时已同意的《『 5熊猫网 』管理办法》;
  2. 严禁发表危害国家安全、破坏民族团结、破坏国家宗教政策、破坏社会稳定、侮辱、诽谤、教唆、淫秽等内容;
  3. 本帖子由 阿宝 发表,享有版权和著作权(转帖除外),如需转载或引用本帖子中的图片和文字等内容时,必须事前征得 阿宝 的书面同意;
  4. 本帖子由 阿宝 发表,仅代表用户本人所为和观点,与『 5熊猫网 』的立场无关,阿宝 承担一切因您的行为而直接或间接导致的民事或刑事法律责任。
  5. 本帖子由 阿宝 发表,帖子内容(可能)转载自其它媒体,但并不代表『 5熊猫网 』赞同其观点和对其真实性负责。
  6. 本帖子由 阿宝 发表,如违规、或侵犯到任何版权问题,请立即举报,本论坛将及时删除并致歉。
  7. 『 5熊猫网 』管理员和版主有权不事先通知发帖者而删除其所发的帖子。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

© 2002-2024, 蜀ICP备12031014号, Powered by 5Panda
GMT+8, 2024-3-29 19:52, Processed in 0.062400 second(s), 7 queries, Gzip On, MemCache On
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表